Apple has extended its limited time discount on certain USB-C accessories from the end of December through March. The timing follows the official availability of the LG 5K UltraFine display which works with Apple’s new MacBook Pro.
This is the new footnote on discounted accessories:
* Subject to availability and quantity limits apply. Pricing effective October 27, 2016 – March 31, 2017.
The rare discount on certain accessories was announced back in November after significant pushback from new MacBook Pro customers who were complaining about replacing USB-A, Thunderbolt, and other older I/O because of the USB-C-only MacBook Pro. The limited time discount was originally only set for December 31. Now items included in the sale include an end date of March 31, 2017.
These accessories are included in the limited time discount:
- USB-C to USB Adapter ($19 → $9)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter ($49 → $29)
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter ($69 → $49)
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter ($69 → $49)
- USB-C to Lightning (1 m) ($25 → $19)
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m) ($19)
- USB-C to Lightning (2 m) ($35 → $29)
- 29W USB-C Power Adapter ($49)
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter ($69)
- 87W USB-C Power Adapter ($79)
While charging accessories are not dropping in price, Apple is discounting third-party USB-C accessories sold through its retail channels, including SanDisk’s $49 USB-C SD card reader which drops to $29.
Extending the sale beyond the end of the year especially helps with LG UltraFine 5K display customers as the window to take advantage of that discount was originally only a little under two weeks.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.