This week Benjamin and Zac discuss Apple’s latest Logic and GarageBand updates, Apple TV’s app size increase, iPad launch timing, Kaby Lake MacBook Pro rumors, and macOS features Apple could add this year. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple launches Logic Pro X 10.3 w/ customizable Touch Bar, GarageBand/iCloud syncing, refreshed UI & top requested pro features
- Apple releases GarageBand 2.2 for iOS w/ Alchemy synth, FX pane, refreshed design, Logic integration & more
- Apple increases app size restriction for tvOS apps from 200MB to 4GB
- Supply-chain reports back 10.5-inch iPad Pro reports, however suggests delay until second half of year
- KGI: Apple planning Kaby Lake processor updates for MacBook & MacBook Pros this year, 32GB RAM option for 15-inch
- Opinion: Why we need a Podcasts app for Mac, not just iTunes
- iCloud Photo Journals
Sponsor: Blue Apron — visit BlueApron.com/9to5 to check out this week’s menu and get your first three meals free — with free shipping.