Apple has released new software updates to address the Telugu character bug that affected devices running the latest public version of Apple’s software. Updates available today include iOS 11.2.6 for iPhone and iPad, tvOS 11.2.6 for Apple TV, watchOS 4.2.3 for Apple Watch, and macOS 10.13.3 supplemental update for Mac.
Per the iOS release notes:
- Fixes an issue where using certain character sequences could cause apps to crash
- Fixes an issue where some third-party apps could fail to connect to external accessories
The macOS update similarly makes reference to the Telugu character that caused apps to crash when received.
Apple shared last week that it would release a software update to address the issue; Apple’s latest developer and public beta versions including iOS 11.3 already included the fix, but Apple released today’s software updates to prevent customers from having to wait for the larger updates expected next month.
- Receiving an Indian character crashes Messages and other apps in iOS 11 [U: Mac & Watch too]
- Apple confirms Telugu bug fix coming in next release of iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and macOS
- Idiots are tweeting the Telugu character to crash iPhone Twitter apps
Users already running the latest developer and public betas do not need to run today’s releases for the fix.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.