Apple News offers a streamlined user experience and consistent interface. In addition to providing news customized to your interests and notifications from multiple outlets, Apple News offers an email newsletter to provide an even more efficient way to stay up to date on current events. Here’s how to sign up for it.
Update 3/6/19: Accessing the feature has been removed from the News app. You can now opt in to the Apple News newsletter emails by heading to appleid.apple.com → Messages From Apple → Apple News Updates.
The Apple News newsletter can be a nice way to remain in the know on topics that are important to you without feeling like you need to frequently open the app or check notifications.
The sign up option is a bit buried in the News app, but doesn’t take long to get to.
How to sign up for the Apple News newsletter
- Open the News app (if you don’t have it you can download it for free)
- Tap on Spotlight at the bottom
- Swipe to the bottom and tap on Sign up to get News in your inbox
- Tap Sign Up
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to take screenshots on Mac
- How to cancel and view Apple subscriptions
- How to secure your iPhone and iPad Lock screen
- How to report phishing attempts and other suspicious messages to Apple
- How to back up your Apple Watch
- How to enable Wi-Fi calling on iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
- How to clean your dirty AirPods and charging case