As part of iOS 11 last year, Apple completely redesigned the App Store with a focus on curation from human editors. As part of this curation, Apple’s editors create lists of the best application in certain categories every day.
One of the more recent lists centers around the the best apps with a dark mode option…
Sylvania HomeKit Light Strip
The list includes 16 applications that offer dark mode option – or as Apple calls it a “pure black mode.” This applications range from text editors to RSS readers and much more.
While iOS 12 does not include a system-level dark mode, applications that do have gained popularity especially since the launch of the iPhone X. Because the iPhone X uses an OLED screen, it is able to take better advantage of dark-themed application.
Furthermore, whether Apple likes it or not, apps with dark mode do a good job at hiding the iPhone X’s notch.
Here are the 16 best applications with a “pure black mode,” according to Apple’s App Store editors:
- Reeder 3 – $4.99
- Bear – Free
- Instapaper – Free
- Halide Camera – $5.99
- Just Press Record – $4.99
- Twitterrific – Free
- Overcast – Free
- Polarr Photo Editor – Free
- Drafts 5 – Free
- Calzy 3 – $2.99
- Wikipedia – Free
- Apollo for Reddit – Free
- Feedly – Free
- GoodTask 3: To Do List – Free
- Anybuffer – Free
- Fiery Feeds: RSS Reader – Free
- Grocery – Free
- Speedtest by Ookla – Free
You can view Apple’s full App Store feature page for this feature right here. Are you a user of any of these applications? Let us know down in the comments!
- Soundboard app Farrago updated with new Dark theme, Undo, more
- Feedly updated w/ iPhone X optimization and new dark mode
- Twitter’s official iOS app gains a highly requested dark theme called ‘night mode’
- The best iOS apps for drawing with Apple Pencil + iPad Pro
- What’s the best podcast app for iPhone?