Most people understand that pressing and holding the Home button on an iPhone (or Side button on iPhone X), will trigger Siri. However, there are other ways to trigger Siri, including hands-free.
Follow along to learn how to use different trigger methods for Siri….
iPhone: How to customize the way you trigger Siri
- Head into Settings > Siri & Search.
- Here, you can toggle “Hey Siri”, Home/Side button activation, and allowing Siri to be used when locked.
- Turn the options on or off to your liking. Note: Toggling on “Hey Siri” for the first time will require you to go through voice training.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to change contacts sort order and display order
- iPhone: How to disable Raise to Wake
- Mac: How to change Apple Pay billing and shipping address
- Apple Watch: How to keep the screen on longer
- iPhone & iPad: How to disable Wi-Fi Auto-Join
- macOS Mojave: How to hide recent apps in the Dock
- How to use AirPort Express for AirPlay 2 with existing router
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.