iOS 12 released to the public this past Monday, and not too soon after new iOS 12.1 public beta. Typically users stay on the major release betas to try out the new features announced at WWDC, however, most want to leave as soon as the major release is updated because minor updates don’t really have a “wow” factor to them.
Note: This is specifically for the public beta, but the same process goes for the iOS developer beta as well.
Follow along to learn how to get out of the iOS public beta program.
How to get off the iOS public beta
How to remove the profile
- On your iPhone or iPad, fire up Settings > General.
- Scroll down to Profiles, tap on iOS Beta Software Profile, and tap Remove Profile.
- Confirm by tapping Remove.
While not required, it’s recommenced that you reboot your device after removing the profile.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Apple Watch: How to sync audiobooks with Audible
- How to set up Apple TV, iPad, and HomePod as HomeKit hubs
- iPhone & iPad: How to completely disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- iPhone & iPad: How to change camera format for videos and photos
- iPhone: How to adjust the slo-mo camera settings
- iPhone: How to customize camera settings to shoot 4K video
- Apple Watch: How to enable notification privacy
- Mac: How to free up space with iCloud Photos optimized storage
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.