The recently released Audible app for Apple Watch now lets users sync audiobooks to the Apple Watch for offline playback. This means you can sync audiobooks to the Apple Watch, and then play it back without the need of your iPhone.
Of course, with just like every other watchOS 5 audio app, you’ll only be able to sync audiobooks and not stream them as there currently is no API for that yet.
Apple Watch: How to sync audiobooks with Audible
- Make sure the Audible app is installed on Apple Watch.
- Open Audible on iPhone and find the book you want to sync.
- Once you’ve found what book you’d like to sync, tap on the ellipsis (the “….” icon), and tap Send to Apple Watch.
- Audible will now begin syncing the book to your Apple Watch.
Note that syncing to the Apple Watch does take quite a bit of time, especially over Bluetooth. Audible recommends putting your Apple Watch on the charger to improve sync speeds. The Audible app will also need to be open during the entire process.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to set up Apple TV, iPad, and HomePod as HomeKit hubs
- iPhone & iPad: How to completely disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- iPhone & iPad: How to change camera format for videos and photos
- iPhone: How to adjust the slo-mo camera settings
- iPhone: How to customize camera settings to shoot 4K video
- Apple Watch: How to enable notification privacy
- Mac: How to free up space with iCloud Photos optimized storage
- iPhone & iPad: How to AirPlay to multiple devices
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.