Similar to iPhone X and Face ID, Apple Watch can also gain similar notification privacy settings by flipping a few switches. Instead of notifications appearing immediately on the Watch, enabling notification privacy will only show the source of the notification as well as the name, masking the content.
Follow along to learn how to enable this feature…
Apple Watch: How to enable notification privacy
- On iPhone, head to Watch app > Notifications.
- Toggle on Notification Privacy.
Now, when you get a notification, you’ll need to tap the screen for it to expand. It will only show the initial notification with the big app icon followed by the source, versus the full content.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Mac: How to free up space with iCloud Photos optimized storage
- iPhone & iPad: How to AirPlay to multiple devices
- iPhone & iPad: How to free up space with iCloud Photos optimized storage
- Mac: How to customize the equalizer in iTunes
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize the Music app’s equalizer
- iPhone: How to customize the way you trigger Siri
- iPhone: How to change contacts sort order and display order
- iPhone: How to disable Raise to Wake