Whether you’d like to delete a single contact, or remove all contacts associated with an email account, follow along for how to easily delete iPhone contacts.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Contacts on iPhone can be a bit tricky since they can be sourced from various accounts (iCloud, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, and more). First we’ll tackle how to delete an individual contact, below will go over how to remove all contacts associated with an email account.
How to delete iPhone contacts
- Open the Contacts app or the Phone app and tap Contacts at the bottom
- Select the contact you’d like to delete
- Tap Edit in the top right corner
- Swipe to the very bottom, tap Delete Contact, tap again to confirm
Here’s how the process looks:
If you’d like to remove all contacts on your iPhone that are associated with a specific email account, but want to keep the email connected, head to Settings → Passwords & Accounts → *Select your account* → Toggle off Contacts.
You will be asked if you’d like to remove the contacts coming from that account. If for some reason you’ve accidentally removed the contacts from an email account, just reverse the steps shown above.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to disable 3D Touch on iPhone
- How to find out which iPhone model you have
- Apple Watch: How to add third-party apps to Siri Watch face
- How to find out which Mac model you have
- How to delete Apple Watch apps
- How to find out which iPad model you have
- How to disable automatic gym equipment detection on Apple Watch
- How to measure altitude with iPhone