Whether you’re looking to sell your iPad or just can’t remember which one you’ve got, it’s quick and easy to figure out. Follow along for how to find out which iPad model you have.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
There are a variety of ways to know which iPad you have based on size, hardware features, design, and more. However, if you’re not familiar with those model to model differences, it’s a bit trickier.
Apple doesn’t plainly label iPads with the specific model on the backside of the devices, but it does include the model number.
How to find out which iPad model you have
- If you have your iPad in a case, remove it
- On the back the device, look for the fine print underneath iPad
- Find the model number that starts with “A” (e.g. A1701)
- Match it up with the list of iPad models here
- Alternately, you can do a google search (e.g. iPad A1701)
If the model number on the back of your iPad is worn off or otherwise not legible, head to Settings → General → About. Look for the other model number formatted like: MH2M2LL/A. Tap it once to get the model number like “A1701”. Then follow the steps above to find out which model it is.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to disable automatic gym equipment detection on Apple Watch
- How to measure altitude with iPhone
- How to check Apple Watch battery usage stats
- How to force quit Apple Watch apps
- Apple Watch: How to enable Fall Detection
- How to use one handed keyboard with iPhone XS Max
- Apple Watch: How to turn off Haptic Crown
- iPhone & iPad: How to setup Bedtime on iOS and get more sleep
- How to view AirPods battery percentage from your Apple Watch