With the launch of the iPhone XS Max, more users will be shifting to a larger iPhone. Whether you’re coming from an iPhone 8, X or something else, giving the shot to a one handed keyboard a shot with iPhone XS Max could be helpful.
The XS Max is the heaviest iPhone to date, pair that with its 6.5-inch display and slick stainless steel frame and it can be trickier to hold on to and use compared to smaller iPhones.
Whether you’ve never tried out the one handed keyboard feature before or just haven’t used it in a while, it may be worth giving it a go with the XS Max. You can also use a one handed keyboard with iPhone 6 or later.
How to use one handed keyboard with iPhone XS Max
- Firm press (3D Touch) on the or icon in the bottom left corner of your keyboard (ABC if you’re using the emoji picker)
- Select a left or right orientation for the one handed keyboard
- Tap the chevron to return to a centered keyboard
Here’s how it looks:
You can also access the one handed keyboard settings by tapping Keyboard Settings… as shown below.
If you don’t have multiple keyboards you won’t see the globe icon. But you can still head to Settings → General → Keyboard → One Handed Keyboard to customize the feature.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Apple Watch: How to turn off Haptic Crown
- iPhone & iPad: How to setup Bedtime on iOS and get more sleep
- How to view AirPods battery percentage from your Apple Watch
- How to get a refund for the App Store or iTunes
- How to get off the iOS public beta
- Apple Watch: How to sync audiobooks with Audible
- How to set up Apple TV, iPad, and HomePod as HomeKit hubs
- iPhone & iPad: How to completely disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.