While having automatic gym equipment detection is nice, it’s still in its early stages and third-party exercise equipment will need to either be updated or replaced with the new hardware that would support this feature.
For the most part, most users will never use this feature as it is fairly new, with users and companies unlikely to replace their current equipment just for this feature.
Follow along to learn how to disable it….
How to disable automatic gym equipment detection on Apple Watch
- On iPhone, head into the Watch app.
- Head down to Workout.
- Scroll down to the bottom and toggle Detect Gym Equipment into the off position.
Turning off this feature does have its benefits. For one, it will improve your Apple Watch battery life, whether it be minor or major.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to measure altitude with iPhone
- How to check Apple Watch battery usage stats
- How to force quit Apple Watch apps
- Apple Watch: How to enable Fall Detection
- How to use one handed keyboard with iPhone XS Max
- Apple Watch: How to turn off Haptic Crown
- iPhone & iPad: How to setup Bedtime on iOS and get more sleep
- How to view AirPods battery percentage from your Apple Watch
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.