Volkswagen is out with an update to its Car-Net iOS app that brings Siri voice control and Siri Shortcuts to a handful of useful features.
As spotted by The Verge, Volkswagen’s most recent update to its Car-Net iOS app brings both Siri voice control and Siri Shortcuts to certain models that support the paid Car-Net Security & Service subscription.
- With this latest update, we support iOS 12 so you can ask Siri to lock or unlock your car, honk and flash your lights and and get your fuel/charge level.
- iOS 12 Siri Shortcuts are also supported. Visit the ‘Account’ screen in the Car-Net App to learn more.
- Siri support and Siri Shortcuts for VW Car-Net Security & Service app is available on select Volkswagen models and requires a paid VW Car-Net subscription.
In addition to offering “enhanced navigation” Car-Net brings a mix of safety and security features to VW owners.
Volkswagen Car-Net Security & Service can call for help in the event of an emergency, set speed, boundary, curfew, and valet alerts, check the status of your Volkswagen remotely, and even find parking locations.
- Drive with Apple Watch and CarPlay? iOS 12 improves the experience
- How to replace Apple Maps with Google Maps on CarPlay
- VW’s top designer says Apple’s approach will inspire its upcoming electric cars