With iOS 12, Apple has moved the built-in level from the Compass app to another app, removing it from the Compass app completely. Follow along to learn how to use the built-in level feature on iPhone.
How to use the built-in level feature on iPhone
- Fire up the Measure app (make sure you’re on iOS 12 or higher).
- Near the bottom tap on the Level button.
- Now the app will give you a reading. If you want perfectly straight, you’ll have to aim for 0°.
The level feature on the iPhone used to be housed in the Compass app. With iOS 12, Apple has moved the feature into the new Measure app, completely removing its function in the Compass app.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to add App Store and iTunes gift cards on iPhone and iPad
- How to permanently delete an Apple ID account
- How to remove a user from a group iMessage chat on iPhone
- How to change your Apple ID email address
- How to set Gmail to delete instead of archive in Mail on iPhone and iPad
- How to activate eSIM on a T-Mobile postpaid account
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.