Accidentally add someone to a group iMessage chat you didn’t mean to? Someone in a chat that’s spamming way too much? Luckily, in addition to removing yourself, you can also remove other users from a group iMessage chat. Follow along to learn how to remove a user from a group iMessage chat.
How to remove a user from a group iMessage chat on iPhone
- Open the message thread.
- Tap on the cluster of avatars on top. Tap the (i) icon for more information.
- Simply swipe from right to left on the contact and tap the red Remove button next to the person you’d like to remove from the chat.
The interface for removing a user could be improved. It’s relatively hidden and could be hard to find.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to change your Apple ID email address
- How to disable automatic app downloads on iPhone and iPad
- How to set Gmail to delete instead of archive in Mail on iPhone and iPad
- How to reduce screen motion on iPhone and iPad
- How to activate eSIM on a T-Mobile postpaid account
- How to reorder watch faces on Apple Watch
- How to view Activity summary on Apple Watch
- How to check your heart rate on Apple Watch