One nifty feature with iMessage that isn’t available in regular SMS is the ability to leave a group message. While it’s not completely obvious, it’s pretty simple to remove yourself from an overwhelming group message.
Follow along to learn how….
iOS: How to leave a group iMessage
- Open the Messages app on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap into the group message in question.
- In iOS 11 or earlier tap the i icon in the top right. In iOS 12 or later, tap the avatars at the top to show more details and then tap info. Note that you can only leave a group message if there are at least 4 participants in the group.
- Tap Leave this Conversation, highlighted in red. Confirm.
There’s no real explanation for why you can’t leave a group SMS, really. The technology is old, and we’re in the modern era. Remember, SMS still sends really terrible video quality, among other oddities.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone & iPad: How to forget wireless networks
- iPhone: How to toggle Call waiting
- Mac: How to lock screen
- iPhone: How to hide Caller ID
- Mac: How to forget wireless networks
- iPhone & iPad: How to enable data roaming
- iPhone: How to disable volume buttons from changing ringtones and text alerts
- watchOS 5: How to force Walkie-Talkie to re-appear
- macOS Mojave: How to use new screenshot and screencast tools without Grab
- How to fix stuck MacBook and MacBook Pro keybaord
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.