Since iOS 14 was released in September with the all-new home screen widgets that have proved hugely popular, Spotify hasn’t officially released an update to support the new feature. However, now iOS 14 widgets have been spotted in the Spotify beta.
Back in September after iOS 14 and watchOS 7 launched, we did see Spotify start testing Apple Watch streaming, something users have been wanting for a long time. But for the time being, Spotify users have been relying on third-party apps to get Spotify widget support in iOS 14. Now native support for the feature has surfaced in the Spotify beta.
Thanks to 9to5Mac reader Yo Nel, we got a look at Spotify’s iOS home screen widget implementation. For now, it includes two sizes, small and medium, and looks similar to the Apple Music widgets that have been available since iOS 14 launched.
The small widget features the artwork of one recently played artist/song/album while the medium widget shows four. Both feature the text “Listen to Music and Podcasts” and tapping the widget opens Spotify.
In the example we’ve seen, album artwork doesn’t appear to be loading or at least not very quickly.
Here’s a look at the two widget options currently seen in testing:
Widgets have been an immense hit with iPhone users getting the biggest taste of customization yet. For a closer look at using widgets in iOS 14 and creating a custom setup, check out these walkthroughs:
- New ‘Pastel’ widgets make it easy to give your iOS 14 home screen a colorful aesthetic
- Hands-on: Widgetsmith brings ultra-customizable widgets to your iOS 14 home screen [Update]
- How to theme iOS 14 with custom icons and widgets – featuring Ayeris [Video]
- How to give your iOS 14 home screen a custom aesthetic with unique app icons
- How to use the new iPhone home screen widgets in iOS 14
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.