Noticed that your iPhone 11 (iPhone 12, XS, XR, X too) doesn’t show the battery percentage in the status bar? Read along for five ways to show your battery percentage on Apple’s recent iPhones.
Update: With iOS 14 and the new widgets, you can permanently place your iPhone’s battery percentage on your home screen or an app page (and see other device battery levels like AirPods too). We’ve got a detailed walkthrough on adding the battery widget here.
With the status bar being more compact on Apple’s iPhone X and later, there’s less room to show device information compared to previous iPhones that had a status bar running across the entire width of the display.
There wasn’t a way to permanently show the battery percentage on modern iPhones until iOS 14. Let’s look at five ways to quickly get a look at your exact battery level.
How to show battery percentage on iPhone 11 (and all modern iPhones)
- With iOS 14, add a battery widget to your home screen or an app page
- You can also open Control Center (swipe down from top right corner)
- Alternatively, from the lock screen or home screen, swipe from left to right, and you’ll find the battery percentage near the top of the Today View screen on iOS 13
- You can ask Siri
- Or plug in your iPhone, and you’ll momentarily see the percentage show on the lock screen
Here’s how these options look in practice:
A look at the battery widget that’s available in iOS 14:
And here’s a look at the other ways to see your battery percentage:
For more help with getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to add an Infrared remote-controlled accessory to your HomeKit smart home
- How to report and remove iCloud calendar spam
- Apple Card: How to lock your physical card with the Wallet app
- How to cancel your Netflix subscription on iPhone and iPad
- How to check your credit score for free before applying for Apple Card
- How to download and install iCloud for Windows
- Apple Card: How to track and manage Daily Cash rewards
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.