Need to stream Apple’s live event on a Windows machine? Like last time, Apple’s iPad/Mac Oct. 16 press event won’t be streaming on Windows and this time around requires Safari on a Mac, iOS device or an Apple TV. That means that Windows users will have to figure how to get the stream going using the workaround we posted last time.
You’ll need to download VLC player and check back here tomorrow for the final streaming link to complete the instructions:
- Download VLC Player from here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
- Install it.
- Open VLC. Click Media (top left) > Open Network Stream.
- You will see this screen: http://puu.sh/bqV9o.png
- Paste this link into that field: http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/14pounqefvoiubefvpiub10/refs/14pijbnoihjb10_sl_ref.mov
- An “Unable to open the MRU file …” will appear until the stream has started.
Apple is expected to unveil a new iPad Air, iPad mini, and Retina iMac alongside other possibilities and a release date for OS X Yosemite. The live stream will require Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later. Mac and iOS users can stream the event through Apple’s website here when it kicks off at 10 a.m. PDT tomorrow.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.