According to the latest data from Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, interest in the Apple Watch among teens remains low. An October 2014 survey showed that only 16 percent of teenagers planned to purchase an Apple Watch, and now, a more recent survey shows that interest has dropped to 11 percent among the age group.
teens Stories April 14, 2015
teens Stories December 4, 2014
Technology has totally changed the lives of teenagers and students in this generation, both for the good and the bad. There are apps and products that dramatically make our lives easier and more efficient, but also things that kill our productivity. I’m generally more favorable to the latter of those two, but I’ll breakdown the best of both worlds and exactly what gift the teens and students in your life today might be interested in this holiday season.
teens Stories October 10, 2012
Survey: Among US teens, iPhone ownership up 34 percent, iPads account for 72 percent of tablets
Piper Jaffray’s Gene Munster, the same Munster who predicted 10 million iPhone 5 sales (and all the HDTV predictions), is out with the firm’s semi-annual survey of device ownership among teens. AllThingsD has the survey results of 7,700 U.S. teens included, showing a 34 percent increase in iPhone ownership and a lot of interest in a $300 iPad mini:
- 40 percent own iPhones (up from 34 percent six months ago).
- 62 percent plan to buy an iPhone in the next six months (22 percent said their next phone would run Android).
- 44 percent own a tablet (up from 36 percent six months ago).
- Of those who own tablets, 72 percent own iPads.
- Of those who do not own tablets, but plan to buy one in the next six months, 74 percent hope to buy an iPad.
- 43 percent said they’d be more likely to buy an iPad if Apple released a smaller version of the device at $299.
- Speculation of two separate fall iPhone and iPad mini events arises (9to5mac.com)
- First iPhone 5 Geekbench results: Dual Core A6 more than doubles iPad 3 score, narrowly beats high end Androids (9to5mac.com)
- AllThingsD: iPad mini event to be held in October separate from Sept. iPhone event (9to5mac.com)
- New physical mockups give a look at the upcoming iPad mini’s possible design (9to5mac.com)