After the NYTimes exposé and Tim Cook’s response, the question remains: Why is the media focusing on Apple and not questioning any of the other electronics companies that manufacture with Foxconn in China?
Obviously, Apple has the money, the brand, the prestige, and it grabs attention. However, it is not like Apple can make gold from straw. Apple simply cannot build its products anywhere other than China.
On the flip side, @NicePaul takes recent Forbes numbers and creates the following infographic that illustrates the opposite point:
- Foxconn employee tells us that the next iPhone is ready for production, indicates likely summer launch (9to5mac.com)
- The dark side of shiny Apple products (cbsnews.com)
- NYTimes: Apple execs on working conditions in China (9to5mac.com)
- Apple’s cheaper iPhone 4 (N90A) pops up at Foxconn Brazil (9to5mac.com)
- Pegatron and Foxconn reportedly begin assembly of iPad 3 with Sharp display, launching in early-March (9to5mac.com)