Apple helped Walmart build a store-within-a-store oasis for Apple products in the home state of the chain’s founder Sam Walton.
We broke the news earlier this year that Sams’s Club is exploring Apple Store-within-a-store concepts. This weekend, Apple retail news website ifoAppleStore posted numerous pictures from a Walmart in Lowell, Ark., which owns and operates Sam’s Club, that depict Apple displays within its walls akin to Best Buy’s lavish store-within-a-store creations.
An image gallery is below.
Section dividers that double as backlit-signs loom over familiar wooden tables bearing live demo units for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod variants. Notice the setup is not a mess, but rather what some would even call an “Oasis of tranquility” in an otherwise sea of confusion.
The in-store retreat drastically updates Walmart’s generic electronics arrangement, but ifoAppleStore mentioned the overhaul may just be a prototype for the Sam’s Club store-within-a-store expansion concept.
- Apple in early discussions to open stores inside of Sam’s Club locations (9to5mac.com)
- Walmart is selling new iPads tonight at midnight (9to5mac.com)
- Palettes of iPads and Apple TV 1080Ps arriving at third-party resellers (9to5mac.com)
- First shots from inside Apple’s retail store inside Harrods (9to5mac.com)
- NPD: Apple grabs almost a fifth of all holiday consumer electronics, Apple Stores second only to Best Buy and Walmart in revenue (9to5mac.com)
- Apple removes trials of iWork and Aperture from its website, sends users to App Store (9to5mac.com)