Many apps updated, went on sale, or made announcements recently, and 9to5Mac gathered the most noteworthy ones in our regular round up below. Today’s selection includes a couple of announcements by Adobe and MyFitnessPal, a big update from QuickOffice, a few smaller tweaks to popular games and apps, and notable price drops. Per usual, we will continue to update this list throughout the day.
Check them out:
- Apps & updates: Netflix “Just for Kids”, SoundCloud, OceanHouse Media sale, and more (9to5mac.com)
- Report: Office 2013 for iOS to be released by March 2013 (9to5mac.com)
- Atebits’ mystery iOS app, Modern Combat 4, Netflix, eBay Fashion, and more (9to5mac.com)
- Airlines to begin integrating Passbook for mobile boarding passes ahead of iOS 6 launch (9to5mac.com)
- Beats Pill Bluetooth portable speaker now available (9to5mac.com)
1. MyFitnessPal for iOS | Free
MyFitnessPal, a popular service for tracking diet plans, nutrition, and exercise, announced an API today that allows users to sync their accounts with third-party products. The API is initially private, but a couple of the launch partners include Fitbit and Body Media. MyFitnessPal also revealed it has 30 million registered users. Visit the “More” section of the app to learn more third-party details, or go to the company’s announcing blog post.
2. Adobe Reader for iOS | Free
The update is not live yet, but Adobe announced the introduction of cloud storage with Acrobat.com. The new feature essentially allows users to view and edit documents across their mobile and desktop devices, while its mobile Reader will also get support for FormsCentral data, improved highlighting and selecting of Asian text, and document rights management with secure watermarking. Get all the details at Adobe’s blog.
1. Amazing Alex for iPhone | 99 cents
Version 1.0.4 rolled out today:
We’ve got an amazing new episode for you: new levels every week, plus a chance to have your very own level featured around the world!We’ve gotten tons of amazing levels from our fans, and we’re going to select eight of the best to highlight each week. Check back often to see eight new hand-selected levels and download your favorites, plus check if your level was featured!
2. Path for iOS | Free
Version 2.5.6 is now live, and it includes new features for sharing, camera, settings, and social network importing, as well as the usual bug fixes. The update’s full changelog:
- Sharing — Write about, tag, and share moments easier.
- Camera — Quicker access to your photo library.
- Settings — Manage your profile and connections better.
- Import Facebook, Instagram, or Foursquare any time from settings.
- Bug fixes.
3. Quickoffice Pro HD for iPad | $19.99
Version 5.0.1 hit last night. It boasts a slew of teaks and new features, including:
- Track Changes – Create, Edit, & View in documents (.doc & .docx)
- Comments – Create, Edit, & View in documents (.doc & .docx)
- Spell Check – View & Correct Misspelled words in documents (.doc & .docx)
- Dictionary – See word definitions by highlighting in documents (.doc & .docx)
- iOS 6 Certification
- Removed sharing through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Yammer
- Bug Fixes and General Enhancements
4. Lumify for iOS | Free
Version 1.2 now allows users to create videos up to 90 seconds long with the ability to adjust the order in which clips appear in the lumified video, and it adds performance improvements and bug fixes.
1. Skype for iOS | Free
Version 4.1.1 landed yesterday, and it brings fixes for iPhone 5 and iOS6 calling and video issues.
2. Things for iPad | $19.99
Version 2.1.1 is now available, and it improves stability and includes the general bug fixes.
3. SoundCloud for iPad | Free
Version 2.3.2 fixes opening the app in landscape mode on iOS6 for iPad. It also includes other minor stability fixes.
Support for iOS 6/iPhone 5:
1. Pulse for iPad | Free
Version 2.9.5 is optimized for iOS 6.
1. The Heist for iOS | Free (originally 99 cents)
2. Neuroshima Hex for iOS | $2.99 (originally $4.99)
3. Bike Baron for iOS | 99 cents (originally $1.99)
4. Money for iPad | 99 cents (originally $9.99)
5. Colorstrokes for Mac | 99 cents (originally $4.99)