Today, Google has released a new iPhone and iPod touch application for its Places for Business platform. Places for Business is a Google service that allows business owners to manage the presence of their business across Google services such as Search, Maps, and Google+. Now, with the new app, these tasks can be handled on the go.
Business owners can use the app to:
- Verify your business listing directly from your phone
- Update your business information: hours, address, contact information, and description
- Post beautiful pictures of your business on your local Google+ page
- Track web traffic going to your listing
- Manage multiple business locations from one app
Having the ability to manage Places for Business from an iPhone or iPod touch is a compelling experience because information can be updated at a quicker pace. Additionally, the camera inside of iOS devices allows for quick uploading of photos of businesses. The app is free on the App Store.