Interesting but totally unsubstantiated claim by Anonymous.
…claims the group make concerning Touch ID seem to focus on Authentec director, Robert E Grady, who appears to have been a prominent figure within the George Bush administration and (Anonymous claim) was connected with The Carlyle Group, which Anonymous also claim is a majority shareholder in Booz Allen Hamilton, the NSA contractor with which whistleblower Edward Snowden worked.
I’d like to think the government and NSA already have my fingerprints but they went out of business so NBD.
- Apple details Fingerprint Sensor/Touch ID security, 48 hour wipe standard (9to5mac.com)
- “Biometrics hacking team” uses photographed fingerprint to get past Touch ID (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Stores to show off iPhone 5s Touch ID feature using demo app (9to5mac.com)
- Why Touch ID is bigger news than any of us appreciated (9to5mac.com)
- Chinese site shows two photos of claimed gold iPad Mini 2 with Touch ID (9to5mac.com)