Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.01.25 AM

As expected, Apple has released OS X 10.10 Yosemite Developer Preview 4. It is available via the Mac App Store Software Update tab for developers running earlier versions of Yosemite. Apple has also released a revamped iTunes 12 to developers (full gallery here). Previous updates previously brought various design tweaks and feature enhancements, and Preview 4 is likely to do the same thing. Yosemite launches this fall with updated Mail, Messages, and Calendar apps, in addition to a system-wide redesign and improved integration with iOS Devices. We’ll be updating this post as new changes are discovered, and you can let us know what you find at tips@9to5mac.com.

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 11.26.32 AM

-Redesigned Calculator app

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 11.31.29 AM

-Settings UI for dark mode tweaked

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 11.33.57 AM

- Improved ability to dial out any phone number via the FaceTime app

24 Responses to “Apple releases Yosemite Developer Preview 4 with redesigned iTunes 12”

1. rettun1 says:

Did apps like GarageBand get updated with the new design language?

• My iMac can’t connect to bluetooth devices. I can digit login password only and as soon as the login is finished mouse and keyboard stop to work. I connected an usb mouse and the sistem works but very very slow and finder has lot of reboots.
      Fron beta 1 to 3 my iMac worked very fine with little bugs. From beta 4 i can’t use it! Has anyone a solution? I hope in a fast release of public beta!

Liked by 1 person

• My Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch has the same problem:
        The trackpad and keyboard do not work inside of Yosemite!

Logging into Mavericks and Windows partitions, even Recovery Mode/Console works. As soon as I get into Yosemite, the cursor is in the upper left hand corner and doesn’t move.

Walt D in LV

2. Alex Raikos says:

Bring on the pictures

3. Arnaud Ober says:

“Dark menu and dock”. Thus, no dark windows finally?

4. joelcombs says:

Anyone experiencing problems with Handoff feature disappearing from preferences? Was in earlier DP version but now missing. Running Mid 2012 MPB with BLE (LMP version 0x6). Thanks for any thoughts

• I’m running DP4 on my 2012 rMBP and Handoff features are finally working as expected. No issues with Handoff here.

• Oh no!!! I was worried this might happen! There is a major hardware design flaw in the mid 2012 and earlier MBP models (like mine) which will likely mean that apple will not be able to get handoff working on such models even though they technically have the right bluetooth LE requirements. The problem is that intel’s usb 3.0 hardware and the bluetooth hardware are integrated inside all the MBP models which causes massive signal interference and as a consequence bluetooth performance suffers so much on these models that handoff features will likely be useless or unreliable at best. I assume that apple quietly fixed the problem in the rMBP and the more recent MBA models. Please keeps everyone updated on how things progress with this.

5. Far more interesting for developers: the Xcode CLT now update through AppStore. Screenshot: http://data.sly.mn/image/1c0O3Z3n1e25

6. thathang3 says:

I really don’t like the blue dropdown arrows; they stick out like a sore thumb. Overall I like the design although I’ll be searching for a console command to turn off the Finder translucency.

7. Gerald Young says:

This preview has a problem with Bluetooth. I keep loosing my Apple Keyboard and Mouse. Pairing doesn’t work nor does turning off and on Bluetooth.

Liked by 1 person

8. 12 hrs took me to get my system working from a fatal crash. Once completed; ” I realize my backup drive was discover under recovery,, too late for me … ” But it WORKS!

9. How to show the previews songs as played on iTunes stores like in iTunes 11 ?

10. Zoheb Khan says:

Most of all the bugs are fixed i think !
    Public can use it now ! :D
    ITS USEABLE !

11. is the messages app working for everyone on DP4? mine isnt working at all. only the quick reply feature. all the conversations are blank and there is no place to type texts

12. appleo says:

The more DP are released, the more i got problems on my MBA late 2010.
    Now Safari stopped working 9 times out of 10, Mail always opens with the first email received ever (4 years ago!!!!), and everything is just not smooth at all.

Does anyone have the same issue?

13. Tony Sn says:

i have problems wit keyboard and touchpad after restar for sleep

i need to reboot again to can continue using keyboard and touchpad

anyone else have this problem