IMG_3245

The iOS App Store seems to be suffering a major outage, though Apple’s system status page doesn’t yet say that there are any issues (update: now it does). Users took to Twitter to point out that every single application listed on the store is now returning an error stating that it is “no longer available.” Typically this error is reserved for applications that have been pulled from sale.

The Mac App Store seems to be fine and still allows downloading applications. However, both the desktop and mobile versions of the iOS store are experiencing the issue.

Update: Apple has acknowledged that “[some] users may be unable to access multiple stores or make purchases.” The page lists issues for the App Store, the iBooks Store, and the iTunes music store. It also indicates that the issue is ongoing, though a few people have noted that they can now download apps.

Update 2: Apple System Status now says systems are functioning normally, 7 hours after we initially reported the outage.

25 Responses to “iOS App Store suffers outage as entire catalog of apps becomes “no longer available” (Updates: Apple confirms/fixes)”

1. I’m having a similar error message while trying to watch a TV show on iTunes.

2. alexleclerc says:

The iTunes store also seems to be out

3. Must be US only. All good in AU/NZ app stores

4. Can confirm it’s down for me also. Birmingham – England.

5. Just checked it. I can download new apps and update apps with no problems.

6. Glad I’m not crazy. Happening in Baltimore, MD, USA.

7. Morgan Croft says:

It’s not every app that’s down… I was able to install Chrome and eBay… but that’s about it.

8. iJonni says:

Works for me. Hyperlapse downloaded fine. 3 out 10 updates did give me the error though. Finally went through.

Liked by 1 person

9. rogifan says:

working fine for me

10. imacaddict says:

iOS and Mac App store working fine.

11. Mac App Store saying unavailable at this time for all apps

12. Its back for some things. Facebook messenger app has just updated for me (stupid app). Still having trouble with twitter update.

13. First the celebrities pics now this. A few days ahead of the Apple event! The Google Empire strikes back! :)

14. iTunes is generating that error for both updates and new app downloads.

15. Is not working here either. South America – Chile.

16. Yep it’s happening to me to :( can’t update twitter :/

17. emmakwoods says:

Down for me, too. Sydney, Australia

18. Some apps are not affected by this. I just downloaded the Yelp app on the Canadian app store just fine, although Facebook Messenger and Chrome refuse to update.

19. jayriv012009 says:

Does anyone have an update on this issue???

20. Still out. Just got a new iPad mini to take on vacation and I can’t even put any apps on it. That was a complete waste of money. Looks like I’ll be spending time returning it to go with android. That’s a shame. Really. I love apple and this is really a pain in the butt. #firstworldproblems

21. savagemike says:

Still having trouble right now – I try to update apps, put in my password, and it starts updating/downloading. Moments later, it shows “update” once more, no change made in status.

Is anyone seeing this?

22. Your troll skills are at rookie. You need to try harder to progress to amateur. Please file an application to the college of fail to help you succeed quicker.