fassbender-rogen-jobs-woz

Michael Fassbender revealed today in an interview with Variety that he’s not quite up-to-date on the latest Apple hardware, even though he’s playing the company’s co-founder in an upcoming biopic. According to the actor, he still uses an iPhone 4 because that model was his favorite design, and even though the phone is broken, he plans to keep using it until it no longer works.

Fassbender also indicated that he thinks the upcoming film is a “favorable adaptaion” of Jobs’ story.  The script for the movie recently leaked and seemed to back up that assessment.

From the interview:

You recently finished playing Steve Jobs. Is it dark?
Like “The Conjuring”?

No, is it a favorable adaptation?
I think it is.

You look skinnier now.
I didn’t lose weight. But I certainly didn’t go to the gym.

Did it cause you to look at Mac products differently?
It did. I’m still on my iPhone 4.

You don’t have the iPhone 6?

Your phone looks broken.
But it still works. The cover actually broke off my broken phone.

The Steve Jobs biopic will be released this October and will star Fassbender along with Seth Rogen, Jeff Daniels, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Perla Haney-Jardine. It will be directed by Danny Boyle, with a script written by Aaron Sorkin.

14 Responses to “Steve Jobs actor Michael Fassbender still uses a broken iPhone 4”

1. I would only use an iPhone 4 if I was broke with no money to spend on a newer iPhone.

Liked by 1 person

2. crichton007 says:

Steve would never have let that happen.

3. “No, the 4 is my favorite design. I also use something until it’s no longer useable.”

this.

Liked by 4 people

4. surfingarbo says:

I saw a man on the train this week using what appeared to be iOS 6. Each to their own I guess.

• Avenged110 says:

I still use iOS 6 on my phones and one of my iPads. Interestingly enough, I’m actually looking to pick up an iPhone 4 in the future it it runs iOS 6.

5. Gazoo Bee says:

I think the iPhone 4 was the best design they ever did so far. If you could get one with TouchID, motion coprocessors and other up to date internals, I’d buy one in a heartbeat. Certainly much more attractive than the iPhone 6’s.

Liked by 3 people

6. Adam Herstein says:

Slow news day?

7. eggyhead85 says:

Keep in mind the the iPhone 4 was the last iPhone during Steve’s life. As an actor, having an affinity towards this particular design may actually help him stay better-aligned with the mindset of the late CEO.

8. archie0527 says:

He’s an assassin

9. most beautiful iphone ever

Liked by 1 person

10. astrogirl1959 says:

Am still using my 4 year plus old iPhone 4 because I hate the new design the logo’s are flat & boring the interface of the original software is beautiful I might have updated but I never wanted to give up the original google maps on the iPhone 4 why isn’t there an app or an option to be able to keep the ‘look’ surely it couldn’t be that hard… I think it’s a bit like the constant changes to Facebook if it makes it better all well & good but often it’s just change for its own sake & frankly many would agree its overrated!