AppleiPhoneApps.com (unknown until now by us) says it has the latest iPhone specs. They’ve put out a lot of what we’ve already heard but also have some new "info". We’ve bolded what we consider new stuff. Here’s their list:
- 32GB and 16GB to replace current capacities
- $199 and $299 price-points to be maintained
- 3.2 Megapixel camera
- Video recording & editing capabilities
- Ability to send a picture & video via MMS
- Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device
- OLED screen
- 1.5X The battery life
- Double the RAM and processing power
- Built-in FM transmitter
- Apple logo on the back to light up
- Rubber-tread backing
- Sleeker design
- Built-in compass
- Revolutionary combination of the camera, GPS, compass, and Google maps to identify photo and inform about photo locations.
- Turn by turn directions
- July 17th, 2009 release date
If there is a lighting Apple logo on the back, it will be powered by the screen light, just like MacBooks. There is no way Apple will use extra juice to illuminate a logo, when battery power is so important in mobile devices. The rubber tread backing also seems hard to imagine.
We’re split on the FM transmitter. It is a very cool and useful feature, but one Apple hasn’t been keen on using up until this point.