Good morning, while I apologize to our US readers as Spotify isn’t available in your area yet, for European 9to5Mac visitors news that Spotify has updated its applications for OS X, iPhone (and Windows) could be interesting.
The new version introduces the customary bug fixes, but also adds support for Mac media keys without interfering with iTunes. The new version also supports auto-play for all track links when clicked on from Twitter, Facebook, feed, etc. Existing users will see their install automatically updated in the coming days.
The big news is for iPhone users, as that’s where Spotify have woven most of the update magic:
“We’ve also got an iPhone update available in the app store. New features and improvements include:
- A much faster start up speed, Spotify loads 6 times faster than previously.
- Spotify will not start playing after you hangup a call if you have removed your headphones during the call.
- Retina display graphics for iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G.
- Attach a message when sharing to your Spotify friends.
- Improved how Spotify reloads your position after a restart. You no longer have to wait until you get online or tap to cancel before you can use Spotify.
- Stability fixes related to log out, opening links, changing songs, login, and others.”