As we originally reported, the update even left some of those without battery issues with quicker battery drains. Over the weekend, even more issues within iOS 5.0.1 have arisen including Wi-Fi signal loss, microphone failures, and cellular network issues.
If you head on over to the Apple Support Forum you’ll find a very long list of issues people are having. The most prominent complaint is still the battery life. “The recent iOS software update addressed many of the battery issues that some customers experienced on their iOS 5 devices,” Apple said in a statement to All Things Digital. “We continue to investigate a few remaining issues.”
Among the Wi-Fi, microphone, and cellular issues, the other big bug in iOS 5.0.1 has to do with Contacts.app (via CNet). All of the names and numbers associate together inside of Contacts.app, but when making a phone call or sending a text through iMessage, 5.0.1 can’t seem to associate the name with the number as usual.
How’s the upgrade going for you?
- Apple seeding iOS 5.0.1 to end users to test battery life improvements, internal retail store memo on battery issues (9to5mac.com)
- Users still seeing their battery life drain quickly after this morning’s 5.0.1 update (9to5mac.com)
- Apple’s remote iOS Diagnostics service revealed, launching in the coming months (9to5mac.com)
- Wither apps: Financial Times web app more popular than iOS app (9to5mac.com)
- iOS 5 benchmarked: shows improved speed performance (9to5mac.com)
- “3200 error” in iOS 5 installations as Apple’s activation servers fold (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.