The fourth feature highlighted with the new iPad is voice dictation—definitely a taste of Siri. It supports U.S. English, British, Australian, French, German and Japanese:
“The iPad, like all great iOS devices, has a great keyboard. And now you’ll see there’s a new key on the bottom: a microphone,” announced Apple exec Phil Schiller.
Apple’s presser for the new iPad is occurring now at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.
Check out 9to5Mac’s liveblog of the March 7 event.
- Apple March 7th iPad event Liveblog (9to5mac.com)
- Apple drops 16GB iPad 2 to $399, $529 for Wi-Fi + 3G (9to5mac.com)
- Apple launches gestures-heavy iPhoto for iPad, can tell you weather in images. Available today for $4.99 (9to5mac.com)
- In new GarageBand, 4 iOS devices can “jam” in realtime (9to5mac.com)
- The new iPad has 10-hour battery life, is 0.6mm thicker and 0.07lbs heavier (9to5mac.com)
- New iPad preorders start today, available March 16 in ten countries (9to5mac.com)
- Yes, the new iPad is 4G LTE (9to5mac.com)
- iPad gets better cameras: iSight on the front, 5MP with 1080p video recording on the back (9to5mac.com)
- Voice Dictation on new iPad (9to5mac.com)
- Apple confirms A5X with quad-core graphics in new iPad (9to5mac.com)
- The new iPad is here and it’s got a Retina Display packing a million more pixels than your HD TV (9to5mac.com)
- Tim Cook: iPad is the poster child of the post PC world (9to5mac.com)
- Apple unveils new Apple TV: Streamlined UI, 1080p video output, full HD iCloud movies, same $99 price (9to5mac.com)
- Apple launching iOS 5.1 today with Japanese Siri support (9to5mac.com)
- Tim Cook: Post-PC devices made up 76 percent of our revenues (9to5mac.com)
- We now see International 4G iPads in Apple’s inventory system (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.