Apple CEO Tim Cook is live on stage at the company’s special media event in California, and he just announced a new version of iBooks.
News and features:
- 400 million iBooks downloads
- Continuous scrolling
- Better integrated with iCloud— purchased books show up on shelf
- Fantastic new ways to share — tap favorite quote and share on Facebook and Twitter
- Supporting over 40 languages— new Korean, Chinese, Japanese
- Available today, free download
Education news and iBooks Author:
- iBooks textbooks reinvent the textbook full screen gorgeous layouts, interactive
- Textbook available for 80 percent of high school
- 2,500 US classrooms with iBooks textbooks
- Publishers can now take own fonts and provide custom look
- Multitouch widgets
- 94 percent of fortune 500 is testing or deploying iPad—seeing similar in smaller business
- Apple October 23rd event: What we know, expect and some new tidbits
- 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display specs revealed: 2.5-2.9GHz, 8GB of RAM, 128-512GB storage
- Apple to also stream iPad mini event from website
- Apple live streaming today’s iPad mini event on the Apple TV
- Apple Store goes down ahead of today’s event
Apple expanded its education initiative earlier this year at the Guggenheim museum in New York City by unveiling iBooks 2 and iBooks Author. The company had hoped iBooks 2 would reinvent textbooks, while iBooks Author would provide authors with an eBook tool for publishing on the platform.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.