YouTube Capture version 1.1: Google has updated its newly released YouTube Capture app with some welcomed features including 1080p video uploads:
· 1080p uploads! · Improved audio sync · More detailed upload feedback · Share to networks after uploading · Bug fixes & stability improvements
Vine — Make a scene version 1.0.2: Just released yesterday, the app for sharing short video clips (and recently acquired by Twitter) today updated with improvements to profiles and more reliable Twitter integration:
* Logging in through Twitter is more reliable * You can now update your profile photo from your Camera Roll * Character limit for usernames and bio field * International keyboards have better support * Various bugs that caused crashes have been fixed
Google Currents version 2.0: Google is updating another one of its apps today, its magazine style news reader for tablets and smartphones now sports a new catalog design. The update also includes an Edition sidebar for quick access to categories, a new fast scan feature (Vertical swipe to scan an edition, horizontal swipe advances to next edition), and a new breaking stories section ranked by Google News. You can also now star to save stories for future reading:
• Edition sidebar – quickly access your editions within categories such as business, sports, etc. • Fast scan – Vertical swipe to scan an edition, horizontal swipe advances to next edition • Breaking stories – ranked by Google News. Links to full length content. • Saved stories – star for future reference • New catalog design
Half-Life for Mac: CultofMac points out that Steam is now offering its original Half-Life title for OS X. While the product page on Steam does not yet list Mac compatibility, and Valve is yet to make an official announcement, the game is apparently already playable on Mac, 15 years after its original release.
✔ Arabic localization ✔ Polish localization (Thanks Pawel Glaz!) ✔ Option to set the status of a post to “pending review”
✔ Support for custom post types. Enable them for any WordPress.org blog within the settings. ✔ Poster is now localized for English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish ✔ Edit a post’s excerpt ✔ Set posts as sticky ✔ Edits to published posts can now be saved locally before re-publishing ✔ Insert images at a specific location in a post by tapping and holding in the editor ✔ Option to remove a post’s featured image ✔ Re-order your blogs within the interface ✔ Improved URL scheme with support for a callback URL (http://tomwitkin.com/poster/developers)
Bingo Seasons | Free Version 1.30 just launched and includes:
- New! Super Cards (Call multiple bingos on the same card!)
- NEW! Auto-Daub (Automatically daub positions)
- NEW! Combo Packs
- NEW! Waiting Screen (Way More Exciting)
Airbnb | Free Version 2.5.1 is now live and features further stability tweaks “to make managing your listing and your travels as easy as possible.”
Travelgram | Free Version 1.1 hit the App Store today and includes the ability to import photos.
Scribblenauts Remix | 99 cents Version 2.8 is optimized for Valentine’s Day with a new icon and playground. The update also includes bug fixes.
Words with Friends Free | $2.99 Version 5.80 features the following update summary in the change log:
Performance, Performance, Performance!!Ahoy Wordies! We’ve scoured every nook and cranny of your favorite Word Game to find everywhere we can speed it up… and boy is it fast! Places to look out for the biggest improvements are loading the Games List and opening your Games. Additionally, we’ve made numerous other Bug Fixes and Improvements.
Punch Quest | Free Version 1.3.3 includes a quick bugfix update that fixes three issues:
- Crashing if you tried to restart too fast as scores were pulled.
- Spartan Mode accidentally getting more spikes in it.
- Always defaulting to scores menu (it was supposed to just use your last tab).
Ghostbusters | Free Beeline Interactive just released a new game that adds to the Ghostbusters franchise. The change log includes the following description:
Build your own team of Ghostbusters from the ground up as you bust troublemaking spooks throughout the city. Form your own franchise in a local firehouse and answer ghostbusting calls, research and upgrade your equipment and conduct experiments to unlock better gear and tactics. Lead your elite squad of Ghostbusters through floor after floor of a haunted tower, where a malevolent evil deity has taken over, threatening to release negative psycho-kinetic energy into the streets of New York. Conquer each floor by battling the floor boss and capturing any resident ghosts. Spooks ‘n’ spirits best beware…it’s time to bust some ghostly behind!
Users can also earn money and slime by capturing ghosts throughout New York City, climb the tower by breaching slime barriers and fighting floor bosses, conduct research to upgrade equipment for busting more evil ghosts, and more.