In keeping with tradition, iFixit has started its live teardown of the latest iPhone hardware (an iPhone 6 Plus in this case), revealing all of the device’s internal components for the first time. So far we’ve already seen a 2915 mAh battery, which provides the increased battery life in the much larger of the two models.
The company will likely teardown the smaller iPhone 6 once the Plus model has been fully disected. You can follow along as the company discovers what makes the new handsets tick over on iFixit.com. We’ll keep this post updated as they add new information.
- 2915 mAh battery — almost double the capacity of the iPhone 5s
- Internal components have been reworked to fit inside the new body
- Apple A8 APL1011 system-on-a-chip processor
- The LTE modem is a Qualcomm MDM9625M
- A flash memory chip on the underside of the logic board is a SKhynix H2JTDG8UD1BMS
- The touchscreen controller is a Broadcom BCM5976
- An NXP 65V10 NFC chip with the Secure Element for Apple Pay
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.