Shazam for iOS received a major update on Wednesday with a redesigned home screen and music player for more conveniently keeping up to date with the latest artists you have identified, finding out what songs friends are listening to and accessing the latest Shazam charts. A brand new Shazam.com was also launched with a Hall of Fame for artists and other new features.
Shazam’s revamped mobile app has an all-new “Play All” button that lets you listen to full playlists across Shazam, including Charts, your Shazams and Recommended songs. Moreover, the apps have gained deeper Spotify integration with the ability for subscribers of the streaming music service to listen to full tracks directly in the Shazam app. The functionality is available today on iOS, and in the coming weeks for Android.
A redesigned music player allows you to easily browse through the Shazam charts and discover what is trending in your city, with the ability to quickly identify, rate and save the tracks you want to hear again. Tapping “Play All” under Trending Shazams, Top Charts, Recommendations, and previous Shazams opens the new Shazam music player.
“We want Shazam to continue to serve as a destination for music fans, increasingly becoming the center of their music world,” said Daniel Danker, Chief Product Officer, Shazam. “For years Shazam has identified music with just one tap. Now it’s just as easy to open Shazam and tap once to discover and listen to great music.”
Shazam is free on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
Today’s update revamps Shazam’s mobile apps and launches a brand new Shazam.com:
- New App Experience – Shazam welcomes users with personalized music news and real time trending songs from your friends and artists you have previously Shazamed as well as exclusive Shazam Sessions, interviews and more. Users can also check out Shazam’s expanded charts, which visualize rising hits across genres and countries worldwide.
- Music player – Rapidly surf the Shazam charts, from what’s trending right now to what’s popular in your city, quickly identifying, rating and saving the tracks you want to hear again. Shazam users who subscribe to premium streaming music services (including Rdio and now Spotify) can listen to their curated playlists and top charts in their full, uninterrupted glory.
- Spotify integration – subscribers can connect to Spotify to listen to full tracks right from Shazam, have all their Shazams automatically added to a Spotify playlist, or choose a specific playlist to add tracks to. The service is available immediately for Spotify subscribers using iOS. Android users will have the functionality in the coming weeks.
- Shazam also partnered with Rdio to launch this same functionality earlier this year on both iOS and Android.
- Hall of Fame – now on Shazam.com, the Hall of Fame celebrates artists who have had outstanding success on Shazam, with 4 artists whose tracks have already gone Platinum with over 15 million Shazams
- Shazam Counts – for the first time, Shazam now publishes the number of Shazams each track has had on Shazam.com