From Apple’s ‘Spring Forward’ Apple Watch event today, we’ve rounded up the notable numbers and other updates shared by CEO Tim Cook and other execs throughout the presentation. Among them: Apple recently sold it’s 700 millionth iPhone. Cook also noted that iPhone is growing at a rate of growth double the industry (as pictured in the slide above).
Apple also shared some numbers on Apple Pay, retail stores, growth in China, and CarPlay.
Head below for more stats and company updates announced today:
- –700 million iPhones sold
- –Opened 6 stores in last 6 weeks
- –21 stores in China
- –40 stores in China by mid- next year
- –453 stores
- –120 million customers visited stores last quarter
- –100k Coca-Cola vending machines supporting Apple Pay coming by end of year
- –Apple Pay now has 2500 banks signed-up, 700k retailers
- –All major car manufacturers committed to CarPlay
- –Mac outgrowing industry for 10 years
- –Mac grew over 20% last year while industry declined
You can follow along with our live news hub tracking all the announcements from today’s event.