Before the launch of Apple Watch, Twitterrific for iPhone gained support for a Watch app that featured a variety of capabilities. Now, the company has updated its iPhone app and with it come new features for both the Watch and phone. Version 5.12 of Twitterrific adds support for Twitter’s new quoted tweets feature, which embeds the actual tweet instead of simply quoting it as text. To do a quote retweet with Twitterrific, simply tap and hold on the RT button.
Other new features include a new settings option to display a tab bar at the bottom of the screen, while in-app notification banners have also been redesigned and are more easily seen.
Regarding Apple Watch, today’s update to Twitterrific adds support for emoji and quick replies. This option is enabled from the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
In addition to new features, there are a handful of improvements and bug fixes to both the iPhone and Watch apps in Twitterrific 5.122. The update is available on the App Store now and the full changelog can be seen below:
• Full support for Quoted Tweets – Tap and hold on the RT button to quote a tweet – Preview quoted tweets in your timeline, tap to view them
• Settings option to display tab bar at the bottom of the screen (iPhone only) – An additional customizable nav bar slot is displayed at bottom
• Tapping the currently-selected tab toggles between: – The marker position and the top of the timeline – If no marker is available, timeline will scroll to the most recent Load More gap
• New tab bar option – My Tweets (tap and hold to set) – Displays a timeline of your own recent tweets
• Added URL scheme for sharing and importing muffles – Tap and hold on a term in your muffle list to share with others – Import by tapping on a shared muffle rule URL
• Redesigned in-app notification banners for greater visibility – Swipe downward on any notification to quickly dismiss – Only notifications for your current account are displayed – Tap any notification to view additional information
• Apple Watch: Added emoji and quick replies – Enabled from the options screen in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
• Increased the number of tweets loaded when tapping the Load More button • Selecting a tweet refreshes its current Fav/RT count • Added support for creating muffle rules in search and user timelines • Additional checks to prevent unrequested redirects from the in-app browser • Streamlined activation process for push notifications
• Apple Watch: Various UI tweaks and refinements – Increased button hit target sizes – Improved use of text wrapping – Increased contrast
• Apple Watch: Various performance enhancements – Glance view loading times decreased – Automatic dismissal after posting a tweet successfully – Improved Voiceover labels on record and post buttons
• Imgur links are no longer broken • Links to custom Twitter timelines now open in the browser • Fixed some cases where the wrong smart quote was being used • Fixed a crash when opening the photo attachment sheet • Fixed an issue with reinserting URLs when deleting and editing a tweet • Fixed issues when emailing tweets containing HTML • Fixed various visual glitches in the timeline
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.