Expanding its suite of outstanding photo editing apps, Macphun today announced Aurora HDR, a powerful but easy-to-use tool for creating High Dynamic Range images. Co-developed by leading HDR photographer Trey Ratcliff, Aurora HDR automatically combines several exposures of the same image, bringing out bright colors and shadow detail that are lost by a single exposure.
Unlike typical HDR compositing, which yields a finished image that’s hard to meaningfully edit, Aurora HDR includes nearly 40 one-click presets to change the look of the image, including Signature Pro presets developed by Ratcliff. The app can be used in standalone or plug-in modes, and incorporates a large collection of detail, noise, and intensity adjustment tools borrowed from Macphun’s Creative Kit 2016 (reviewed here), notably including selective adjustment brushes.
Aurora HDR will be available in standard ($50) and Pro ($100) versions on November 19, with discounted $90 Pro pre-orders starting today from Macphun’s web site. Additional screenshots and details are below…
“Aurora HDR is like no software I’ve ever used and I think it’s gonna blow people’s minds,” commented Trey Ratcliff, founder of StuckInCustoms.com. “Over the past 10 years I’ve been trying to find the ultimate HDR software, and it wasn’t until Macphun came along in this amazing partnership that I was able to finally build my own. You can go from mild to extreme HDR, add special glow, use layers, and — even better — you don’t even need Lightroom or Photoshop!”
The Key Benefits of Aurora HDR
- Revolutionary HDR algorithms make possible the entire spectrum of HDR looks, from natural to highly stylized.
- Total HDR editing experience with the most complete set of tools available.
- Powerful oneclick presets, including Signature Pro presets by Trey Ratcliff, yieldfantastic results instantly.
- Layers, masking and brushes provide the ultimate in selective editing.
- Unique Radiance controls and custom texture blending for creative versatility.
- Detail enhancement to increase drama in images.
- Extensive color and toning controls for vibrant color combinations.
- Approachable user interface makes for a comfortable, understandable experience.
- Builtin sharing supports popular photo communities and social networks.
- RAW, JPG, TIFF and other popular files support for the greatest flexibility.
- Workflow tailored to any style with support for using as a standalone app or as a plugin to popular host applications.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.