This week Apple joined Twitter. Yep. Along with that, Zac and Benjamin discuss OS X’s first ransomware, and later on we’ll go over our iOS 10 wishlist and talk about what Apple needs to make the next version better than ever. The Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and through our dedicated RSS feed. Big thanks to Harry’s this episode.
New episodes of Happy Hour are available every Wednesday. As mentioned, you can download this podcast via iTunes or plug in our RSS feed link into your favorite podcasting app. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or click here) and your question/comment may be featured in an upcoming episode of Happy Hour.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple launches official company Twitter account for tips, tricks and customer support queries
- iOS 9.3 makes it abundantly clear if your work iPhone is being tracked by your employer
- Craig Federighi writes op-ed on Apple/FBI encryption battle: ‘to slow our pace … puts everyone at risk’
- Supreme Court won’t hear appeal on Apple’s $450 million e-book price-fixing case
- Report: Tim Cook, other tech execs attended secret meeting to discuss how to stop Donald Trump
- First OS X ransomware detected in the wild, will maliciously encrypt hard drives on infected Macs [Update: How to fix]
- Transmission, the adware-free BitTorrent for Mac, gets surprise update after two years
- App Store shifts to updating ‘Best New Apps’ more often under Phil Schiller’s leadership, calls it place ‘to visit every day’
- ExxonMobil rolls out Apple Pay to 6000 gas stations from today – but you’ll need an app to use it
- Report: Apple speeding up switch to new display tech, plans to release OLED iPhone in 2017
- Amazon releases new ‘Amazon Tap’ and ‘Echo Dot’, more competition for Apple’s Siri voice assistant
- Feature Request: How Apple could improve its built-in apps with iOS 10
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.