In this week’s top stories, the iPhone rumor mill was in full effect as reports surfaced claiming Apple could introduce an new all glass design for a next-generation device. That news was accompanied by Apple’s 12-inch MacBook refresh, an official announcement for WWDC, and the latest Apple Car news. Head below for the quick links to all of this week’s top stories and much more:
We start off with iPhone rumors while Zac argues why his new iPhone SE might tempt him to actually skip the iPhone 7. Chance, on the other hand, broke down what the iPhone 7 will need to be upgrade-worthy, and Apple released the second iOS 9.3.2 beta to developers and public testers.
While likely not something we’ll see for iPhone 7, analysts at KGI claimed Apple could drop its current aluminum iPhone casing in 2017 in favor of new ‘all glass’ enclosure with an AMOLED screen:
- KGI: Apple to drop aluminum iPhone casing in 2017 in favor of new ‘all glass’ enclosure with AMOLED screen
- Opinion: How iPhone SE is tempting me to actually skip iPhone 7
- Hackers use Congressman’s iPhone to demo ability to monitor calls, texts, & location
- Opinion: How Apple could tempt me to upgrade to an iPhone 7
- Apple drops price of iPhone SE, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6 in Japan by 10%
- Apple releases second iOS 9.3.2 beta for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to developers
Apple’s refresh of its 12-inch Retina MacBook with new processors, improved battery life and performance, and a new rose gold color was one unsurprisingly one of the top Apple stories of the week. We detailed how Apple’s refreshed 12-inch MacBook compares to last year’s model, and noted that Apple quickly dropped the prices on previous-gen refurbished 12-inch MacBooks. Also in Mac news, Apple this week released OS X 10.11.5 public beta 2.
- Apple releases new 12-inch Retina MacBook: new processors, rose gold, better battery life
- Here’s how Apple’s refreshed 12-inch MacBook compares to last year’s model
- 2016 MacBooks: Everything we know about Apple’s upcoming laptop updates
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.2 + OS X 10.11.5 public beta 2
- Apple drops the price on refurbished 12-inch MacBooks, now start at $929 shipped
Dates for Apple’s annual World Wide Developers Conference became official this week as Siri (and Apple) confirmed the event will be held June 13 through June 17. We shared all the details on everything you need to know about this year’s WWDC, including everything Apple could announce at its upcoming event.
- Siri announces WWDC 2016 will be held June 13th through June 17th in San Francisco
- Everything you need to know about this year’s WWDC
- WWDC Rumor Roundup: Everything Apple could announce at its upcoming event
- Embedded Apple Map on WWDC site suggests official public MapKit web API coming soon
- Apple begins charging WWDC 2016 lottery winners
Apple Car |
And finally we move on to the latest Apple Car news before finishing with this week’s latest apps, reviews, and top video. We broke the news that a former Tesla VP and Aston Martin Chief Engineer was headed to Apple’s secretive car team and also noted the company appears to be prototyping car parts with new hires from Tesla & Andretti Autosport. And a German report this week claimed Apple Car could be manufactured in Austria by BMW/Mini maker Magna as a separate report claimed Apple’s negotiations with Daimler & BMW for the project have ended.
- Apple hires former Tesla VP and Aston Martin Chief Engineer for ‘special [car] project’
- Apple appears to be prototyping car parts w/ new hires from Tesla & Andretti Autosport
- German report claims Apple Car could be manufactured in Austria by BMW/Mini maker Magna
- Report: Apple’s negotiations with Daimler & BMW for ‘Titan’ car project fall apart
- These simple iMac-style iPhone stands are both cute, but one wins out for me
- Break this Safe, a creatively frustrating Apple Watch game
- Burkley leather accessories for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Snapchat update now lets you face swap with photos in your Camera Roll — here’s how
- After Apple Music launch, fans sue Kanye West over Tidal exclusivity promise
- SongShift lets you import Spotify playlists into Apple Music with incredible ease
This week’s top video |
- Taylor Swift features in another new Apple Music commercial
- Review: LG’s 34″ UltraWide curved monitor is great for movies and video editing workflows
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.