So you want the new iPhone 7 but it doesn’t have a headphone jack. No problem, it comes with Lightning EarPods in the box plus a Lightning to headphone jack adapter for your old headphones. But what if you like Lightning Audio but need to charge your iPhone 7 while using the headphones in the box or other Lightning headphones? Belkin has a solution for you, but it cost $40 and it’s not pretty.
Announced today, the Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar adapter features a Lightning connector plus two Lightning ports so you can charge your iPhone 7 while using Lightning EarPods.
- Dual functionality so you can listen to Lightning Audio and charge at the same time
- Compatible with Lightning Audio headphones† and Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Supports pass-through charging up to 12W for iPhone and iPad
- Supports up to 48 kHz, 24-bit audio output
- Works with the Apple iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case and battery packs for on the go charging
The one thing it can’t do is charge your iPhone twice as fast. Don’t even try it. And you can’t use it like a traditional headphone splitter either. It’s just one power source and one audio source at a time.
Belkin’s Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar adapter will be available for $39.95 starting October 10.