This week Benjamin and Zac talk about the latest changes in iOS 10.2 beta, how the TV app changes Apple TV, iBooks StoryTime for tvOS, Apple’s new ‘Designed by Apple in California’ design book, day one impressions of the 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, and more. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple releases iOS 10.2 beta 3: New ‘Love’ Messages screen effect, SOS India-only, Videos hidden by default
- Apple’s new single-interface ‘TV’ app starts rolling out to beta tvOS users in the US [Video]
- Apple quietly releases new iBooks StoryTime app for fourth-gen Apple TV users [Gallery]
- Apple releases $199/$299 hardbound book covering 20 years of Apple product design, dedicated to Steve Jobs [update: video]
- Video: Jony Ive discusses motivation behind new Apple design photo book, shows glimpses of Apple’s design studio/prototypes
- First MacBook Pro with Touch Bar orders ship, deliver as soon as Monday
- MacBook Pro Review Roundup: mixed reviews on performance, potential for Touch Bar
- Customers start receiving new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, most early orders set to deliver this week
- Apple’s new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar will be in stock, available to try at Apple Stores this week
- The best apps for the new MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar & Touch ID
- 1Password for macOS now supports Touch ID, Touch Bar on new MacBook Pros