This is the place to catch up on all the biggest product announcements, hardware, apps, synths, Logic/GarageBand instruments and so much more in the world of iOS/Mac music production. This week we get a brand new synth from one of our favorite virtual gear makers, Sugar Bytes. A completely free Nintendo Game Boy sampler instrument is up for grabs and the new EchoMelt brings that warm VHS warble to your DAW with introductory pricing. All that and more down below…
The Sugar-Bytes Unique Vowel Filter Analog Synth releases for iOS
Sugar-Bytes, one of our absolute favorite plug-in instrument makers, has now released Unique for iPhone and iPad. Originally available as your standard virtual instrument for Logic and other DAWs, Sugar-Bytes has now brought the analog 2-oscillator synth to iOS. It features your standard waveforms types, 5 filters a duophonic arpeggiator and a wild looking vowel filter that allows you to “string together two or four vowel formants and play them back in a multitude of ways.”
- Sawtooth, Triple Saw, Pulse, Triple FM, Noise with tonal Filter, Sub Sine
- 5 Filters with 5 Modulators each
- Duophone Arpeggiator
- Vowel Filter
- Two Effect Sections
- Ableton Link Kit & AudioBus
- MIDI Learn & Host Automation
- 300 groovy presets by various artists
Unique goes for $4.99 and $14.99 on iPhone and iPad, respectively. You can get more details from Sugar-Bytes and hear it in action right here. And the rest of the Sugar-Bytes iOS apps including the amazing Effectrix, Turnado, Cyclop and more can be found right here.
Bring the sounds of Nintendo Game Boy to your Logic setup for free!
Super Audio Boy is a new sample-based instrument for KONTAKT that brings some of those amazing chip tune sounds straight from the Nintendo Game Boy. And it’s completely free! It is basically a slightly stripped down version of the Game Boy library from the company’s $149 retro video game flagship instrument, Super Audio Cart. Nonetheless, the free Super Audio Boy is a 4-layer instrument that comes packed with more than a dozen filter models, over 50 “authentic” presets, as well as all the main waveforms multi-sampled directly from the actual hardware itself.
If you’re running KONTAKT (full version, not the free player) inside your Logic or other DAW setups, this is a no-brainer. You can download it for free right here.
Get that old VHS sound with this new Echo melting audio FX unit
Based on a special portion of the effects engine on the company’s Phonec virtual synthesizer, PsychicModulation has now released the new EchoMelt FX unit for Logic Pro X and all major DAWs. Designed to add warmth and character to your sounds, it uses the developer’s “Melt” engine along with a series of interesting echo, chorus and saturation parameters to offer that old melted VHS sound and more.
- Melt: Analog-style drifting, instability and random fluctuations
- Snag: Sporadic pitch jumps and dropouts
- 2-Voice Chorus with Melt integration
- Echo: Pitch shifting dub delay unit
- Fully Parametric 5-Band EQ
- Saturation driver can be applied to overall signal
- EQ and Melt are both routable
- Mix controls for each effect as well as Master Mix
- Sub Presets for each FX section
- MIDI Learn and automation of most parameters
- Double Click Parameter Reset
- Intuitive patch managment system
- 128 presets to get you started
- Coming Soon: XILS unveils the new Polymoog-inspired PolyM virtual synthesizer
- Love Hultén drop The Triaccord sight, hearing and touch synthesizers [Video]
- LinnStrument Update: light animations, sequencer updates, latch, more [Video]
- May 23rd 2017: Organizers announce Robert Moog’s Birthday to be known as “Synthesizer Day“
- Roland TR-909 Clone: e-Licktronic NAVA Hands-On Demo [Video]
ICYMI: Here’s all of the biggest news and updates from last week…
See anything cool in the world of music production we missed? Let us know in the comments below.
Want more Logic Pros? Check out the archives here and stay tuned for a new installment each week in 2017.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.