Ahead of next week’s release of macOS High Sierra, Apple has made Safari 11 available to users running macOS Sierra and OS X El Capitan. The update brings privacy, compatibility, and security improvements and is showing up in the Mac App Store.
Here are the release notes describing the new headlining features:
- Stop media with audio from automatically playing on most websites
- Adds the ability to configure Reader, content blockers, page zoom, and auto-play settings on a per-website basis, or for all websites
- Improves AutoFill accuracy from Contacts cards
- Includes updated media controls for HTML video and audio
- Enhances performance and efficiency