Apple’s TV app works on iOS as well as tvOS, offering users a seamless viewing experience for a wide variety of content. Follow along for how to set up the TV app on iPhone and iPad.
The TV app allows users to see all purchased content through iTunes as well as access to TV, movies, sports, and more through traditional cable providers and streaming services like Hulu’s Live TV and Sling TV.
Apple’s TV App offers personalized recommendations and the popular Up Next feature, which lets you pick up right where you left off on a different device. Here’s how to set up the TV app with a third-party provider.
iPhone & iPad: How to set up the TV app on iOS
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap on TV Provider
- Find your provider (swipe to the top to use the search bar)
- Enter your login credentials
If you haven’t used the TV app before on your iPhone or iPad, you should be able to get connected with your provider when you open the TV app as shown below. If not, you can always head to Settings → TV Provider.
Follow the same steps to add another provider.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iOS 12: How to customize the metric units in the Measure app
- How to use streaming for Twitter on Mac
- iPhone: How to enable True North in Compass
- Mac: How to restore ‘Save As…’ functionality
- Mac: How to customize your Safari toolbar
- iPhone: How to enable or disable read receipts for iMessage
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize calendar settings
- How to use Light Mode for messages in Mail with Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.