Whether you’re new to Mac or it’s been a while since you’ve adjusted the toolbar in Safari, follow along below for how to customize yours.
Having your Safari toolbar dialed in to best suit your needs makes for a more efficient and pleasant browsing experience. We’ll also look at how to reset the toolbar to the default setting if you’d like to start fresh.
The toolbar doesn’t take more than a minute or two to curate, so let’s get to it 😄.
Mac: How to customize your Safari toolbar
- Open Safari
- Click View at the top of your screen in the menu bar
- Select Customize Toolbar…
- Drag and drop items into your toolbar as you’d like
To remove items, you can drag them out of the toolbar and let go.
You can also return your toolbar to the Safari default by dragging that option from the bottom the toolbar customization window as shown below.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to enable or disable read receipts for iMessage
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize calendar settings
- How to use Light Mode for messages in Mail with Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
- How to customize Voice Feedback for Siri
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize Siri suggestions
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize keyboard shortcuts
- How to find Mac keyboard shortcuts
- iPhone & iPad: How to change language and region
- Mac: How to change your language and region