[Update: watchOS 5.0.1 is now available.]
A little over a week after releasing watchOS 5 to the public, today Apple is going to be releasing its first minor update: watchOS 5.0.1. This is a small update that aims at fixing some issues with the original release, including a bug that caused an incorrect increase in exercise minutes for some users.
Another issue that was bothering some users was one which caused the Watch to not track standing minutes during the afternoon, this update also aims at fixing this issue. The update should be available later today, over the air, for all users. We’ll update this post once it’s out and if we find any other fixes or features on the new version.
Full release notes:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Fixes an issue that caused a small number of users to see an increase in exercise minutes
- Addresses an issue that caused some users to not receive Stand credit in the afternoon
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Apple Watch from charging
If you’d like to see what’s new on all major updates of Apple’s operating systems, check out our coverage below:
- Apple releases first iOS 12.1, watchOS 5.1, and tvOS 12.1 developer betas
- iOS 12 is now available with performance boosts, Screen Time, smarter notifications, much more
- watchOS 5 for Apple Watch now available with Podcasts and Walkie-Talkie apps, much more
- tvOS 12 now available for Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K, brings Dolby Atmos audio, screensaver updates, more
- HomePod update adds multiple timers, Find My iPhone, making and receiving phone calls, and more
- Shortcuts for iOS 12 now available on the App Store, replaces Workflow