For parents who manage their kids devices, Apple gives the best and verbose tools to manage iOS devices. For families that use Apple Music, Apple gives a tool that lets you set a volume limit on iOS for Apple Music.
Follow along to learn how to set that limit…
How to set a volume limit on iOS for Apple Music
- Open up the Settings app. Head down to Music > Volume Limit.
- With the slider, set a volume limit. Now, when your try to raise the volume, iOS will limit how loud the audio can get.
These sorts of options are fantastic for parents, but also those who know they have a tendency to crank the volume to high levels. As a general rule of thumb, music should not be raised beyond 70% in most cases unless you don’t have ANC headphones in louder environments.
In fact, in several countries around the world, the volume limit is on by default and cannot be disabled without changing the default region on iOS. However, some headphones, such as AirPods have a relatively low volume ceiling due to the lack of noise isolation. With those, users tend to raise the volume much higher to be able to hear the audio.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to delete iPhone contacts
- How to disable 3D Touch on iPhone
- How to find out which iPhone model you have
- Apple Watch: How to add third-party apps to Siri Watch face
- How to find out which Mac model you have
- How to delete Apple Watch apps
- How to find out which iPad model you have
- How to disable automatic gym equipment detection on Apple Watch